Monday, October 27, 2008

Back!!

Before I post about Jamaica, I wanted to go back and post about the Breast Cancer Walk. I can't believe that I never posted and gave it the full attention it deserves. I think that between all of the reminiscing about the wedding, the trip and the time with no modem, I was a little crazy. Anyway, On Oct 11th, Heather and I did the Breast Cancer Run/Walk at Linn Park. If you have been reading my blog, you know that my grandmother had a single masectomy at the end of Sept, so I did this in honor of her. Heather decided that she would join me and our church's team for the walk. We had a really good time and it was awesome to see how many people were there and how many survivors were there. Very inspirational!!! Our Church of the Highlands team was headed up by Monique who is a 4 year survivor herself. After we finished the race, Monique had invited the team back to her house and had cooked an amazing meal!! Home made lasagna and eggplant ziti, salad, bread, desserts, desserts, desserts. OH My!!!! It was amazing! It was a really great day, topped off with a great meal with great fellowship with some awesome people!! Thanks to Monique for doing such a great job at leading our team!!!

No comments: