Saturday, August 30, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
So, now I am going to pass this award along to some friends who make me laugh too:
Heather @ http://lifeasafoshee.blogspot.com/,
Jillian @ beautifullybittersweets.blogspot.com,
Courtney @ dailydessertydollops.blogspot.com,
So ladies, enjoy your award!!!!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
I also found out today, that he has found my secret stock pile cabinet. I cleaned out the guest bathroom cabinet last week and started stashing all of my extra goods in it. I mean, there were 2 towels and 2 magazines under there. We rarely ever have house guests. We live like "a thousand" miles away from our families. That bathroom is rarely used. I figured it was the perfect place to stash my goods. Robbin and I are always talking coupons and bargains. She thinks I'm hilarious and tells me if Kent calls she is going to tell him there is toothpaste for $1, I better go get some. He calles, she jokes, he proceeds to tell her that he found juice in the bathroom cabinet and that might be a little too far. HAHAHA!!! When you get Juicy Juice for less than a buck, I am going to buy as many as I have coupons for. This coming from the man who drank an entire bottle of V8 Fusion last night in less than 30 minutes. Whatev!!! He is amazed at the fact that I am getting this stuff cheap, he just doesn't understand the need to stockpile. Oh well, it will be alright. If there is a natural disater, we will have enough toothpaste, dish washing liquid, juice, and shampoo for the entire subdivision.
All of this to say, I am at work and I would rather be at home....poor me...
Friday, August 22, 2008
Thursday, August 21, 2008
1. God & my church-My favorite time to go to church is on Wed nights. I just love the time of worship and prayer. There is never a time that I feel the presence of the Lord move so much. I think that I tear up every week during our special prayer time, and leave with that "church high."
2. My husband- I love to go on weekend trips with him. He sent me a short, unexpected email at the beginning of this week and you have no idea how that made my day. I LOVE HIM!!!! I thank God for our relationship. We are so incredibly different it astounds me, but it totally works. We are going out of town this weekend! YEAH!!!
3. My family-All of my family, my husband's family. We don't live that close but the time that we spend together really is wonderful!!
4. Friends-I am very close to a lot of girls that I work with. I have been blessed beyond measure to work with Godly women. We all have our moments of frustration and generally not wanting to work, but we (for the most part) all get along so well. I also have many friends from school that still keep in touch and get together for lunch.
5. My ipod touch- Technology is wonderful!!! I love the fact that I can get on the internet anywhere that has WiFi and download a song in like a minute!
6. My car-can we say 27-30 mpg. Thank you Jesus I do not have my old vehicle with gas prices in the millions. :)
7. The Olympics-I am truly entertained by the swimming (GO Michael Phelps!), gymnastics, diving and beach volleyball. Most of the events that I love are now over though. Go USA!
8. Coupons-I have a new addiction that I consider very healthy. At least to my checkbook. I was having a conversation with my mother the other day about my new way of shopping. I think she was flabergasted! I was always the one that would just go and shop, never really caring what I spent. Now that we have a financial advisor (something about typing that makes me want to stick my nose in the air) I have become more aware. I am completely addicted!
9. Movies- I am a subscriber to Netflix and I love to watch movies on my off week. I am a mystery shopper at my local theater. I also love to go to the movies during the day to catch a "chick-flick" that I know Kent would die before he would go see. It's only $5.50 before 5pm so it's really pretty cheap. At least it's better than going to the mall and spending only God knows what on things I don't really need.
10. Ice cream- My fave at the moment is Key Lime Pie from Bruster's. I almost cried when I saw that the one by my house closed. But then again, when the drive through guy knows you by name, it's probably not a bad thing it closed.
Monday, August 18, 2008
My Publix deals are at the end of this blog. Check out Sarah's blog to see what other people saved!!!
Like I said before, I went to Publix across the street from CVS. They were out of the Shout. When I stopped by Walgreens guess what was across the street, another Publix. I thought I would see if they had the Shout. I am not crazy. All of the stores are less than a 10 minute drive from my house depending on how you go, interstate, backroads, there are many ways to get back to my house so I really didn't drive that far away!!!
2-Ruffles chips BOGO
3-pks banquet sausages
1 pk flour tortillas
2-Bird's Eye frozen veggie packs
2 pks of Edwards pies BOGO
2-Vlasic pickles BOGO
1.72 lb apples
2 pk BIC pencils
2 cans Bush's Grilling Beans BOGO
Publix brand facial tissue (this weeks penny item)
OOP cost: $26.14
total savings: $22.61
1-Pledge (which I thought was on sale, but wasn't)
coupons: 2-$.75 Shout and 1-$1 Pledge
OOP: $4.93, saved $5.38
I call this SUCCESS!!!!! I love shopping this way!!!
Friday, August 15, 2008
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
I had lunch with another high school friend today. She found out that it was due to a blood clot, which was probably caused by the medication he is on for his thyroid problem. I just can't imagine. I thank God that I am healthy. I have never been diagnosed with anything and the only medication that I am on is my birth control and the occasional Goody's for a headache.
There are moments in our lives that make us think and reevaluate. This is one of those moments. I will continue to pray for P, a quick and full recovery. I can't imagine being in a position where I thought that I was dying because of the pain I was in. I pray that God would give him peace of mind and he will be able to go back to his everyday life without any lasting effects.
Monday, August 11, 2008
I used $6.00 in MFC, Ad spec savings of $18.44 and I spent $28.78 OOP. Total savings of $24.44
Friday, August 8, 2008
I live in a subdivision where my neighbor is ultimately about 10 feet from me. Well, my neighbor's roomate has started cutting the grass as part of his living fee. When he started, everything was as normal. Now, he is mowing into OUR yard. Five mower widths in the front yard. Past my front porch mind you. Yesterday, I mowed the front yard to try to even it out. It was a little wet, so I didn't tackle the back since it is so much thicker than the front. Today, I go to our back yard, and he has mowed past our bedroom window. WHY!?! What are we going to do? I thought about buying some spray paint and painting the property line or maybe if I bought a No Trespassing sign, he would get the clue? I don't know, but seriously, if you live in a subdivision know where your lines are and if you are going to mow a third of your neighbors yard, just go ahead and do the whole thing. It would make a lot more sense. Seriously!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/3 teaspoon paprika
1/2 cup butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup beer, room temperature
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
salt to taste
In a small bowl, stir together the garlic powder, onion powder, basil, thyme, rosemary, cayenne pepper and paprika. Set aside.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the shrimp and cook for a couple of minutes. Season with the spice mixture and continue to cook and stir for a few minutes. Pour in the beer and Worcestershire sauce; simmer until shrimp is cooked through, about 1 more minute. Taste and season with salt before serving.
2 Cover Girl powders on sale BOGO
2 Johnson's buddies soap $0.99 each
2 Children's Advil $5.79 each
2 Sure Deodorant on sale BOGO
BOGO Cover Girl face product, making the powders free
$1.98 off of the Johnson's buddies products=free
2-$1/1 Children's Advil=$9.58
2-$1/1 Sure deodorant=$0.69
Used $11.50 in ECBS making my total negative $0.21
Therefore I added a pack of gum and pain $1.07 OOP
Earning $11.58 back in ECBs for the Advil.
I Heart CVS!!!!!
Monday, August 4, 2008
2 bottles of Dawn $0.88
2 Crest with Scope $2.49 each
2 Colgate $2.99 each
2 Cover Girl powders
1 Oral B advantage toothbrush
1 Gillete Fusion Phantom razor
1 CVS Hand Sanitizer
My Hand Sanitizer was my free product for the month of August.
Used $16.99 MFC
OOP total: $15.62
Earned $11.50 back in ECBs
I ended up getting the wrong Cover Girl powder so I ended up paying for one. I didn't notice this until just now. :( All in all, my cabinet is stocked with some toothpaste!!! And not too bad for what I got.