Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ready for my off week!

That is the biggest understatement of the year! I have really worked a lot in the past week and I am on my 9th day in a row with one more to go. I also have one 12 and 2 doubles in that mix of days, but who's counting right? It has been a really weird week and I am incredibly ready for our vacation! In less than two weeks, I will be enjoying myself, reading books, and sunbathing for 10 straight days! The other night, I started making a list of what all I want to do and where I want to eat during our time and really see how much $$$ I should plan on for our meals. I emailed the tentative schedule to Kent and boy did he have a time with it! He just didn't understand my concept! Whatev! He wanted to go to the water park one day while we are there, but it's only open on the first full day that we are there and I don't want to feel rushed since that's the night that we are going out to a "birthday dinner" for me. We are going to cook several nights in the condo since we will be glued to the tv while the Saints play and it will be the first Saturday of college football. I can't wait!
Kent also informed me yesterday that as my birthday present he wants to get me tickets to an Alabama game! YEAH!! I haven't been to a Bama game in like 4 years and it's about time we go to one! We've been to a Georgia game every year that we've been together so we have to make it fair right!?!
Yesterday at work, I felt like I was on my own episode of mystery diagnosis. At around 5am I started itching and noticing a couple of bumps on my forearm. By 6am it was all over my arms from my wrist to my elbows. I thought I was gonna scratch myself to death. They let me leave a little early and I stopped by WalMart and got some meds. So if you saw a crazy lady tearing open a box of Benadryl walking out to her car, it was me. I got home, bathed 3 times and got in the bed. After 50mg of Benadryl, this girl was OUT!!! I really slept good though! I woke up around 5:30 and there was only a couple of red dots left. I still have absolutely no idea what it was, and I probably don't want to know!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I was working in the ER, back in the dark ages when we mixed our own meds, I mixed up a vial of antibiotics. I went home that morning and woke up with a rash all over myself. I knew I was allergic to penicillin and I had mixed up a vial of Ampicillin. So, I could only trace it back to that. The rash went away after taking a dose of benadryl and a shot of steroids at the ER. I felt like I had a lump in the back of my throat and it scared me being at home by myself. So, I made Shannon come over and take me!!!! Maybe you've developed an allergy like that. I took meds in the penicillin family for years until one year I took Augmentin for strep throat and developed an allergy!!!