Monday, August 2, 2010

Derby Hat Luncheon

Yesterday, I was honored to help host a Bridesmaid Luncheon for Lauren and her girls. We had a derby hat theme and it was so much fun to see what everyone came up with for their hat. I of course bought a new pair of Steve Madden shoes that were the inspiration to my outfit. Honestly, I saw the shoes and wanted them incredibly bad and used the luncheon as an excuse to buy them. :)

I had to decorate my own hat, since all of the real ones are still >$50 at TJ Maxx on clearance. I ended up finding a hat at the thrift store for $2 and spent less than $10 on the decorations on it. I think it turned out absolutely perfect for the occasion:
Every table had a theme and my place setting happened to match me perfectly. (I won't tell you if that was planned or not.)
The bridal party's table was set with the groom's grandmother's china. She passed away before Lauren or I ever met her and we were so blessed that she was a part of the occasion in that way.



The grandmother's table was dressed up in gold. It was very classic and very timeless.

The mother's and other's table was set up with a very modern set. It helped tie in mine and Traci's place settings.

The cake was made to match the design on the bridal table's china. It was delicious! I of course somehow ended up cutting the cake and after cutting about 3 pieces the entire front row of cake fell off of the glass and I caught it with my arm before it hit the floor. I think that my watch still has icing in it.

We had a really great time and the sunroom was perfect for some bridal party pics! Don't they look ready to go to the Kentucky derby!?!

And of course, I had to snap a pic of Heather and I...

Kent came to help my father in law serve and prepare our plates, and he needed to poke fun at us about the hats and make his own version. Here he is with our niece who turns 16 in a couple of weeks. (The pic is a little dark, but he put a fern leaf sticking out of the back of his hat.) We are headed to PCB this weekend for a girls weekend to celebrate and I am sooooo excited!!
Lastly, here are a few of our hats all lined up showing off our artistic creations:

No comments: