Thursday, August 5, 2010

Vacays...

I have always loved going places and I have several trips coming up that I thought I would share and see if you (anyone ever read this thing?) have any suggestions for eating out, places to go, etc.
So this weekend, I am heading to Panama City beach to celebrate a girls weekend for my niece's 16th birthday. There are 10 of us going and we are staying in a 2 bedroom condo. That should be very interesting! Thank goodness only 2 days worth of bathrooms to fight over. HAHA!! I've only been to PCB twice and once was for my senior trip 10years ago. Alot has changed since then!!! I know that we are going to eat at Pineapple Willy's though!


On Sept 3rd, we head to Gulf Shores for 10 night. For our anniversaries, we've been to Mexico and Jamaica. Kent decided this year, he wanted to stay local and spend a full week in Gulf Shores. We go there a lot, but we've never stayed more than 4 nights, so he wanted to "live down there" for a little while. (He's weird sometimes.) He decided this before the whole oil debacle, and never wavered about continuing our plans. He says we need to go and support our local people. And I totally agree! We really lucked up with an amazing rate, and were able to stay 10 days. We are leaving when Kent gets off work on Friday and that Monday is Labor Day, so he's still only having to take 5 days of PTO, so it worked out perfectly. I did have quite a scare Monday when I received a call that our condo was double booked for the first 3 nights we are there. After a full day of emailing and researching, the lady called back with a solution. We are staying in the same complex, we just have to move condos on Monday. It's not ideal, but I really couldn't find a better price that was beach front that allowed dogs.
We are planning on cooking some while we are there too, but we must visit our favorite places! Like Bahama Bob's, Lulu's, Big O's for breakfast, Wolf Bay. Do you have any musts when you go down there?
And my last vacay that is planned for the year is in December. Guess where I will be!?!




DISNEY WORLD!!!!!

I cannot tell you through this computer how incredibly excited I am about this!!! My sister started planning a trip a couple of weeks ago, and now it is a full blown family vacay! (Except my husband:( He claims that he doesnt have the time to take off of work, but let's be honest! He went when he was 13 and claims it was the worst time of his life and never wants to go back.) I have been 7 times and have wonderful memories of my time spent there!


I cannot wait to watch Tinkerbell fly out of the castle at night. That is my absolute favorite moment there! I love eating at Sci Fi restaurant, riding the Hollywood Tower of Terror, riding the Rockin' Roller Coaster, and playing the Buzz Lightyear game. When the clock strikes midnight on December 14th, I will turn into an absolute child! I have absolutely no shame about it and wish that I was leaving tomorrow!

No comments: