Saturday, August 14, 2010

Blaine & Lauren's Wedding

Last Friday night was Blaine & Lauren's wedding. I had never been to a wedding at the Tutweiler Hotel, but it was beautiful. It had been raining on and off all day, but when the time came for the wedding it stopped. Just until they started saying their "I do's." The wedding was outside and since we are family, we sat up close, so we got drenched. But it was still perfect! They brought out umbrellas to hold over the couple and it just so happened the maid of honor was the bride's sister, the best man was the groom's brother, and the officiant was the groom's dad. Did you get all of that!?! Therefore it became a family affair all scrunched up together to finish the ceremony. I didn't get any pics of the ceremony, but I did get some of the reception. The groom doesn't really like sweets except for donuts, so his "cake" was a tower of krisy kreme with strawberries mixed in. Can you say YUM!?!




Here we are right after coming in looking like wet dogs:)
I also took the opportunity to to snap a pic of Kent with the groom and one of his other first cousins.
Here is the beautiful couple dancing their first dance as a married couple...It was so much fun! The food was delicious and the band was really good. Of course I had to take a self portrait of Heather and I:) It just wouldn't be the same if I didn't!!

And let's be honest, I'm really good at it!! I wore my new dress and Carrie Bradshaw inspired shoes that got lots of compliments:) Congratulations Blaine & Lauren! We love you both!!

No comments: