Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Rockettes!

My sister Kali suprised me and my mother for Christmas and took us to see the Rockettes as our gift. It was so great! I had seen the show while I was in NYC a couple of years ago. The show was a little different since it was at the BJCC and not in the Radio City Music Hall where all of the history is, but it was still an awesome show! Kali told me that the show started at 7, so with her working day shift and driving home to Cullman, then back to Bham, we didn't get to meet up until right at 6. I was leaving my car in the parking deck at work since I had to work after the show, so we decided that since we wanted to eat together, we would just eat in the cafeteria. When we got to the show, we noticed that there really wasn't anyone there, then I looked at my ticket. Well guess what, it didn't start until 7:30. Kali felt bad since we would've had time to eat somewhere besides the cafeteria, but we did have a really good laugh. We had plenty of time to scout out the place and go buy a program.
The show was amazing! I just love the way that they incorporate the true meaning of Christmas! The manger scene was definitely my favorite! They had camels, sheep and a donkey. All the while singing We Three Kings of Orient Are.



The LED screen behind them was amazing. It was definitely in high definition and while the Rockettes were on a bus tour, the picture on the screen made it look like we were really there. I loved NYC at Christmas! All of the lights, trees, windows...I want to go back now! So, thank you to my sweet sister Kali, who really "stepped out of the box" for our Christmas present! She's really not that into plays or musicals, but she did it for us.

No comments: