Friday, December 26, 2008

Was Yesterday Christmas?

Boy, has it been a crazy week! In my last post, I let you know that my grandmother was going to St Vincent's. She's been in the hospital or rehab center since Dec 5th. On Tues, she was brought down here to another hospital and was intubated and on the ventilator less than 24h later. She was admitted to the ICU and I cannot sing their praises enough! All of the nurses and doctors that have been on her case have been wonderful! She definitely has a very long road to recovery ahead of her, but I am trusting that she will keep improving. She was better Thurs, and was even opening her eyes and attempting to smile at me and my sisters. It truly made me feel a lot better seeing her trying to communicate with us as best as she can.
I am just really glad that we had planned to do our Christmas with my mom's family on Saturday, so she didn't miss that. This is my work week, so I am completely exhausted! Trying to go to other Christmas get togethers between visiting hours, working at night and attempting to sleep has proved to be a little more difficult than I wanted it to be! It's okay though.

No comments: