Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thinking...

So tonight starts another week...of working. Blah, blah, blah. I have been up since 8 am, so I am really tired. I've been told tonight that I am a "walking dictionary for adjectives." I thought that was pretty funny. I've really been down on my life tonight. I think that I am to the point where I am tired of working night shift. I just want to be "normal" again. I don't want to do the flip flop schedule anymore. I said tonight, I feel like I need a life change. Really? I was really inspired this past weekend when I went to the Christmas village to start doing some crafting. I love going to these shows and getting ideas to come home and do. Not to toot my own horn, but I am a little crafty. If I don't know how to do something, I can look it up and figure it out. I have a sewing machine that I bought last year the day after Thankgiving and have used it once. I made a curtain. I whipped it out this morning and sewed up a pair of pants for my niece. When we were at the show, we found these really cute pants, but they were $36 for just the pants. I just can't pay that much for just a pair of pants. Therefore, I went to Hancock and bought some fabric to see if I can make some on the cheap. We'll see how they turn out. I also bought a bunch of beads at Hobby Lobby and have started making some jewelry. I think that this is a great idea for Christmas presents. I am really going to have to cut back on the buying this season of my life. I am BROKE! Our paychecks are now coming in 4 days later and this is the transition week. The fact that I missed 3 nights on my last paycheck makes for a pretty depressing balance in the checking account. I may have dipped in a little (lot) to our bedroom suite fund. No, we still haven't gotten that yet, but when your hubby has had 3 surgeries this summer, it makes for a lot of holding off on the new things. Anyway, the rest of the weekend was great! Our nephew's birthday party was Sat night, and we had a great time watching the game with the family, then roasting hot dogs out by the fire. Totally smelt like a smokestack and walked directly in the shower upon arriving home. I can't stand to smell my hair after being out by the campfire! Anywho, I must go chart and finish my admission. I guess I have rambled enough!

3 comments:

Mrs. Filly said...

if you can just whip up some pants then you are definitely more crafty than I...i wish could sew i have yet to try it...sounds like a lot of work for some reason

Terri said...

I am a crafter of many, master of few. Yeah, I knit, bake, crochet, bead (it doesn't help that my office is a block from The Bead Biz).

Have fun with the sewing! It's one thing i cannot do.

And this Saturday our church is having Mountain Marketplace if you are in the Bluff Park/Hoover area....stop by!

Trina said...

I need a life change too. LOL One that requires me sleeping late and not commuting to work every day. Yeah right! LOL

I love getting ideas at Christmas village but I didn't go this year. I have some ideas of a few things I want to make very soon in addition to the arm/leg warmers I blogged about. I need to make Rayna some fall/winter dresses and skirts.