Monday, May 25, 2009

High School Reunion-Kind of...



It may suprise some people to know that I still get together with quite a few of my high school friends. We always have a Christmas get together to eat and play some board games. I graduated from a very small high school with about 70 people in my class. In our home town, everyone knew everything about each other. Anyway, I had a group of about 5 girlfriends that did everything together. Of course we had our group of guy friends too, but there was always something special about our "girlfriends." Last year, Ashley decided that she was going to move to South Korea to teach English. When she called to tell me, my response was: "You realize that is not in the United States, right!?!" I was shocked! Anyway, the opportunity presented itself, and she signed a contract to do it for a year, with the option to sign on again. Well, this month, her year is up. She loves it and has decided to go on another year. Last year when she left we had a going away party for her, so when she got to come home two weeks ago, Amanda had everyone over. Of course not everyone could make it, but we did have 13 people + 3 little new additions to the group. It was so great to see everyone and get to hang out with Ashley and hear stories of her adventures! She really loves living there and teaching. She talked it up so well, I might just need to travel over there on one of my off weeks to see what all of the fuss is about!

No comments: