Monday, May 25, 2009

The Beach!!

We just got back from the beach at 7pm and now I am at work. UGH!!! What a bummer! Since it was Memorial Day, Kent had today off. We normally go to North Carolina for the race, but Kent decided this year that he would rather go to the beach. Good thing too! The race was rained out yesterday, so we would've missed it anyway! We left on Thursday morning and got down to Gulf Shores in time for lunch. We met up with Kent's mom and step dad since they were down there celebrating their 3rd anniversary. We ate at Bahama Bob's-YUMMO!!! Then we went and checked into our condo. We got our place from You rent directly from the owner and we have found that it is A LOT cheaper than going through the rental companies since you don't have to pay all of their fees. I love staying in a condo since you have the full kitchen and washer/dryer! We love to cook and since we bought Lulu's cookbook in January, we have plenty of great seafood recipes! I love fresh seafood! It's the best! Anyway, we filled our stomachs all weekend long! We also went to dinner with Donna & Kenny. We thought that we were going to Bayside Grill. Kent and I had never been there, so we had no clue where we were going. We plugged it into the TomTom and Kenny had also told us how to get there. We drove back and forth, back and forth. The TomTom said, "You have reached your destination." Nothing no road or restaurant anywhere. Kenny was also turning around since he didn't see it. Kenny figured out where we were going but apparently, Bayside Grill closed in November and a new restaurant opened there: Fatback's. I must say that I really wasn't that impressed. It had a great view and our appetizer was good, but my entree left much to be desired especially for the price. Don't think that I will be going back there again. Here is the lovely couple on their anniversary:
Then we decided to have the waitor take our pic:
Really good of me-right!?! 2nd attempt:
Guess the waitor didn't know that he had his finger over the lens. Kent was shockingly enough not paying attention.
That night, one of Kent's friends joined us to stay the night. They were checking in the next day at their place so they drove down and slept on our couch bed. Then we woke up and ate breakfast at Big O's. If you've never been, you've got to have one of their homemade cinnamon rolls! Delish! Since it was raining on and off all day long, we ventured out with Kenny and Donna down Fort Morgan Rd. Kent had read about some Civil War Ship being uncovered by one of the last storms, so we had to go and see it for ourselves. We had to stop at a store and ask someone where it was though. They told us what road, but also said that it was being vandalized so the city had covered it back up. We did find it and all we could see were the edges and what looked like pipes sticking up out of the sand. Then of course, we made a stop at the house we got married at to reminise just for a moment. After that, we were off for a late lunch at Lulu's. Since it was still raining, we went to WalMart and rented a DVD at the Redbox kiosk-Role Models. Funny. Saturday, it was supposed to rain, but I snuck in a couple of hours of beach and pool time. Kent chose to take an extended nap, so I read a Nicolas Sparks book out by the pool. We had dinner at Bahama Bob's with the Sazera's and rented another movie-The Curious Case of Benjamin Button-fell asleep about 20 minutes in. OOPS! Sunday and Monday during the day were nothing but beach! I read another Nicolas Sparks book and started reading the Red Glove Series by Karen Kingsbury. It's a series of 4 short stories. Since then, I've finished the first 2. Sunday night, we went a little out of our comfort zone and tried a new restaurant-Wolf Bay. We had heard great things about it, so we decided to try it. We loved it! We sat out on the deck and watched fishing boats come in and unload their catch. Then today, we had to check out by 11am but we decided to go down by the bridge and hang out on the beach all day. We now look like lobsters, but we had a great time! We ate a the Shrimp Basket on the way out and were home around 6:30. All of our laundry was already done so we just had to unload it to it's righful place. Nice!
*ETA: We did cook breakfast every day except one. Plus, the one night that we didn't eat out, we cooked blackened mahi sandwiches with Lulu's WOW sauce-scrumptious!


Mrs. Filly said...

ok u had a full kitchen yet u didnt mention one meal u ate far as i can tell you ate out...ate out..and ate out :) lol but if you HAD wanted to eat in I guess it was really comforting to know you COULD :) lol

Rebecca Louise. said...

It sure sounds like you had fun and nice your at work now x.