Monday, June 8, 2009

Busy Weekend!

Saturday, Kent and I drove down to the beach for the day. Yes, I said the day. It only takes us 3.5 hours to get to the beach from our house, so we woke up bright and early Sat morning and left the house around 5:30. After stopping by Wally World when we got down there, buying another beach umbrella since we forgot ours, a rolling cooler, and several other items, we claimed our spot on the beach by 10am. We had our cooler full of drinks, boiled shrimp, and apple slices for lunch and we were good to go! As soon as we looked out into the ocean, there was a stingray about 10 feet from the shore. The water was so clear and the waves were minimal. Perfect for me to sit on my lounging float and soak up the rays! The part of the beach we went to wasn't overcrowded. Of course more and more people started showing up later, including some northerners to our right. I could definitely tell from their accent that they were not from the South, BUT something happened a little later that proved that fact. I look over and they were talking to a group of college girls laying out. All of the sudden I see a badger. Yes a badger! Mounted to a piece of wood, posing in front of the college girls with the northerners taking numerous pictures. I have never in my life seen something so ridiculous! After they finished taking pics with the girls, they put the badger on a boogie board at the edge of the shore to take more pics. I of course left my camera in the car, so I couldn't take a picture of the situation, but I will never forget seeing a badger on the beach!
We started packing up our stuff and left the beach around 5 and stopped at King Neptune's on our way out, so we got to eat some fresh seafood. Yummo! Such a great day! And we were home by 10:30pm. Not too bad! Here we are as we headed home:

No comments: