Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Brain Dump

-I was so excited to see that with the Oscars on Sunday, TCM has been having 31 days of Oscar. That means that everyday, all day they have been playing movies that have been nominated or won Oscars. My DVR has been going like crazy and I have a list of movies to watch throughout my off week. Kent has absolutely no interest in most of the movies, so I'm on my own. I will tell you that some of them have been a struggle! It is so amazing to see the difference in eras through the movies. It's definitely interesting to watch some of the black and white movies. I'm watching All About Eve right now and am really enjoying it. It's on Netflix instant watch until Monday, so I'm fitting it in before then. There are a couple that end on March 1st, so we will see if I can make it. I absolutely LOVE Netflix instant watch. It's totally worth it!
-I'm still in total shock that I have 3 dogs in my house. Max has really been an added comedy act to our household. He just stands and watches Lucy and Frankie fight over all of the toys. Speaking of toys, Lucy tears every single toy up into a million pieces within a week of me buying it. Kent's mom gave them a bag full for Christmas and they have all made their way to the trash after Lucy rips them to shreds. Anyone have any suggestions? She tears up ropes, tennis balls, stuffing out of the stuffed animals, I can't find anything!
-Every year Kent and I embark on dieting and swear that we are going to keep it off. I have come to the realization that I have gotten fat! The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem, so I am admitting that I have a problem. We started dieting last week and so far, I have lost 4lbs. I am terrified to ask Kent because I have no doubt it's 10-15. He is way ahead of me every time! We are supposed to be doing no carb, but if I'm honest, doing that makes me feel horrible. So therefore, cooking for Kent at night, there are no carbs, but during the day, I eat lightly. So far, so good.
-I really have had a lazy last 2 off weeks. I have had no motivation to really do anything in my house that needs to be done. I really need to get on the ball. The house is not going to get ready to sell on it's own.
-I'm thinking about going to see The King's Speech today. I've seen 1/2 of the movies nominated for best picture and have heard such good things about it. Kent has not interest in seeing it, so if I'm going to see it, I'm on my own.
-We went to the drive in last weekend. It was so much fun! The weather was in the 60s, so we took the camp chairs and sat in front of the car watching the movie. I've only been to one one other time and that was about 13 years ago, so it was an almost new experience. I think we will definitely be doing that more often this summer!
-Friday is my dad's 60th birthday, so I will be going up to Cullman for the first time in almost 2 months. I am in a wedding this summer, so I also have to go and order my dress. Another good reason to be on a diet!

No comments: