Monday, February 14, 2011

Changes Ahead

Over the past couple of weeks, Kent and I have been talking about moving. We have lived in Shelby County for the past 6 years, and we have decided it's time for a change. I loathe the traffic! We truly have to plan our days around it. If I'm out shopping or running errands around town, I have to be on the interstate and through the junction before 4pm if I don't want to sit forever. It is truly just a hassle. So, a couple of weeks ago, we were out after church one Sunday afternoon and Kent had taken me to Homewood to see some of his customers houses, when he says, "would you like to live here?" I say of course and that's when the ball started rolling. Our plan is to have the house on the market by the first of June so this weekend we started taking care of some cosmetic things around the house that need to be done. We started the humongous task of cleaning out our garage. This is HUGE! We still have a ways to go, but we did throw away a ridiculous amount of things and started a garage sale pile. We plan to have one in April and whatever we don't sell, take straight to the thrift store in Alabaster. Kent finally patched the hole in our kitchen ceiling from the directv man stepping through about 5 yr ago, and he also finished staining and glossing a new front door. There is still work to be done on it, but it is at least hanging. I started better organizing all of my craft stuff so that our front bedroom can be turned into a bedroom instead of a storage facility that looks like Hobby Lobby threw up in. So if you know anyone that is interested in buying a house in Calera, send them my way!!

No comments: