Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My first blog

Well hello all of you fellow bloggers out there. This is my first blog ever so I apologize since I am a beginner- it's not going to be amazing. I will start by introducing myself. I am a 25 year old Pediatric Registered Nurse. I have been working as an RN for the past 5 years. I really enjoy my job. I work 7 on 7 off night shift. I have a ridiculous flip flop schedule that at times gets on my nerves when I am trying to sleep during the day and my neighbors are mowing their lawn and it's only 10 feet away from mine. I believe in a well maintained yard; however, when you mow on Friday I highly doubt that it has grown enough on Monday to require mowing again. This is the neighbor that told me that my yard looked so much better this year than last so what should I expect. Working night shift has a lot more down time than other shifts due to the fact that the patients are asleep. So here I am on my second night of seven posting my first blog.
I am a shopaholic, I have what my husband says is waaaaay too many shoes, which I contribute to on a monthly basis. I own a pair of Jimmy Choos which I cannot wear since they are too small but refuse to sell them back on ebay until I have a replacement pair. They're Jimmy Choos!!!! And they're mine!!! I love Carlos Santana and Jessica Simpson styles since they are a lot more affordable. I will buy shoes and then buy a new outfit to match the shoes. Who really has something in their closet that would match some great snakeskin heels! We need something new! I live by the phrase, "It's not about how much you spend, it's about how much you save." If I can purchase a pair of $130 swarovski embellished lucky jeans on sale for $70 I am jumping at that chance. I just watched the movie Sex and the City and if I can find the blue Manolo Blahniks for a reasonable price I want them!!!
I love to watch movies. I am a subscriber to Netflix and currently have 43 movies on my list, and add new ones all of the time. I go to the movies by myself on my off week during the day quite a bit. Some people think that it's strange but it feels empowering to me. I would NEVER go to the movies by myself on a Friday night but during the day no problem. Kent (my husband) and I went to see Get Smart at 7:15 on Friday night and when we were walking out he asked if I wanted to go see the 10:15 showing of The Love Guru, so we turned around and went back in.
I got married on October 13, 2007 to my best friend, Kent. I will post a blog about our wedding later and maybe some pics-if I can figure that out. I am not that great with uploading. We did get married on the beach in Fort Morgan and went to Cabo for a week after that. It was bliss!!!
Well the kiddos are calling me so I will post soon.

No comments: