Thursday, January 6, 2011

Goals

I've never really been a fan of "resolutions." I think that its really the word, it seems easier for me to come up with some goals for the year, and that's my time frame-1 year. So here we go:
1. Read at least 12 books this year. So that's one a month and hopefully I will be able to do more. We will see. I'm almost finished with my first one, Water for Elephants, and I am LOVING it! I just downloaded 7 free books on my kindle iphone app, so I have plenty ready for me to sit.

2. Go to prayer every day that I am not at work. Next week starts my church's 21 days of prayer and fasting. There are some personal things that I will be focusing on as far as my prayer goes and for the fasting, I am choosing to give up several things. I'm giving up all social media. That means, no facebook, twitter, blogs, anything. I've been slowly weaning myself from all of these so I won't go completely crazy when I cut it all out.

3. Use a planner and stay more organized. I always buy a calendar every year in hopes of keeping up with it, but it seems that I really only keep it up for about 2-3 months then I just stop keeping it. There's really no reason, I just go lax on it.

4. Build my savings account up by $5000. This should be a simple task since both of our cars are paid off. It should be more than this, but of course we are already starting to plan our vacations for the year.

5. Go visit my extended family in Cullman once a month. My grandmother is in her 90s and I am going to make it a point to go and see her and my great aunt and uncle. My grandmother is hilarious! My Aunt Lee and Uncle Pat are both two of the absolute sweetest people you will ever meet in your life. I haven't seen either of them in several months and they are not in the best of health, so I want to go and spend some time with them.

So hopefully in December, I will be able to make a list and say that all of these goals have been met!

No comments: