Sunday, April 18, 2010

BBQ

So I've totally been a blogging slacker lately, mostly because I really don't think that my life is all that interesting right now. We just haven't had a lot going on lately. But this weekend, we did cook in a BBQ competition this weekend in Auburn. I blogged about it last year when it was a mud pit, but this year, the weather was wonderful! We got there Friday afternoon. Kent dropped me off at my sister's work so that I could catch some sleep at her house while Kent and his parents set up the camper and smokers.
We had a crawfish boil on Friday night and I ate entirely too much food! We got in bed around 11 and woke up at 3am to start the smokers. I sat by the fire and read my book, while Kent was working :) We cooked until we started turning in boxes at 11am. We cooked chicken, ribs, pork, and brisket. We ended up with 7th in ribs and got a small check and iron skillet. We didn't place in anything else, but we had a great time! For our first competition by ourselves, I was very happy with one name call.
After this weekend, I totally feel like we need our own camper. I have developed a love for camping after going with Kent's family on multiple occasions. I've been on the lookout on craigslist and the classified section for a great deal, but I think that I might go to a couple of dealers and see what they might can do. I've heard you can get a good deal on some with this economy. I just want something small. Hopefully within the next year, we will have one. Both of our vehicles will be paid off in a couple of months, so that will be a huge relief! My goal is to be free of car payments until the first of next year and then buy Kent something nice. He's got over 250,000 miles on his truck, so I'm hoping that it will last that long.
I forgot my camera, but hopefully I will be able to upload some pics of the weekend in a couple of days.

No comments: