Thursday, August 20, 2009

Best Pictures

Kent asked me the other day if I had ever seen the movie Platoon. I had not, and he just couldn't believe that I had not even heard of it. It won Best Picture at the Academy Awards in 1986. We watched it the other night, and since that night, I have decided that I want to watch every movie that has ever won best picture. I made a list last night, and frankly, I was surprised to see how many I have already seen. I've seen every one since 1996, and 11 others scattered throughout the years. I just added some to my que on Netflix, and a lot of them are ones that I can even watch on my computer. How exciting! I'm giving myself a deadline of 1 year from today. Hopefully it won't take me that long, but I know some of them are going to be ones that I will not enjoy. Such as Ghandi, The Last Emperor, The Deer Hunter, Ben-Hur. Those might take a little encouragement! So, as if I didn't have enough movies on my list, I have about 50 more that I'm going to add.

On another note, Loni and I are going to participate in and arts and crafts show on Labor Day weekend in Crane Hill. So next week, I will be parked at my sewing machine. I have my list of items that we are focusing on having, so I need to stay on target. I have 2 weeks to make up a BUNCH of stuff! Wish me luck! And if you haven't seen our website or our etsy store, check them out and let me know what you think! We have so many more items that are going to be introduced to our websites within the next month, so keep checking it out!

No comments: