Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oxford trip

Next weekend, Kent is in a wedding in Oxford, MS. It's a guy that he's been great friends with since high school, but life has seperated them throughout the years. I've met the bride and groom on multiple occasions, but we don't really get together with them that often. So, I thought that I was in a dillema next weekend. A couple of weeks ago, we went to a couples shower and to be honest, I felt out of place. I have never been that great blending in with a huge group of people that I do not know. I am a little reserved, and just kind of soak everyone in for a while before I will open up. As I've said before, Kent is quite the socialphobe when it comes to big get togethers, so I wasn't looking forward to the shower. Well, it came and went and I was introduced to all of the people taking part in the wedding. (There are 12 bridesmaids and 12 groomsmen.) We had a good time and Kent got to reconnect with some old friends that he hasn't seen in years. I still felt a little out of place since I really didn't know anyone there besides my husband.
I found out last weekend that we have to be in Oxford at 9am on Fri morning for Kent to play golf with all of the groomsmen. I was really bummed since I've never been there and had no clue what I was going to do all day and we can't check in the hotel until 3pm. Then I remembered my friend Suzanne lived there. I emailed her to see if there was anything to do by myself all day. Well, Suzanne gave me the hookup! She has recommended that I start by going to Bottletree Bakery for breakfast (featured on Oprah), she recommended a spa for a mani, pedi, massage, multiple shops to check out in the square, and plenty of options for a great spot to eat lunch. Now, the trip that I was once dreading is turning into a day of pampering myself. So, thanks Suzanne!

No comments: