Thursday, April 14, 2011

Memphis

For Kent's birthday 2 weekends ago, we traveled up to Memphis for a quick getaway. Last year around my birthday, we spent 10 days at the beach, so I just figured that we could do a mini vacay for his. I suprised him by booking the Peabody hotel for 2 nights with a great deal from Priceline.



We ended up getting there too late on Friday to do anything but check in, so we got an early start on Saturday morning. We headed to breakfast, then spent ALL DAY at Graceland. I didn't get our tickets in advance so we got them when we got there around 10am. Our tour of the mansion wasn't until 3pm, so needless to say it was a little boring waiting 5 hours. We did tour all of the other sites there, but it was just too much of a wait. I guess I should've checked into it before we went. Kent had a really good time seeing all of the memorabillia. Neither one of us had ever been, and Kent wants to go back to tour again when it's not so busy.

After the tour, we got back to the hotel in time to watch the duck march. Word to the wise, get there early if you want to get a good view. I was only able to see about 3 feet of their red carpet march, but it was neat to listen to the history of how it all came about.

Then we refreshed ourselves and headed to Rendevous BBQ. Can you say YUMMO!?! I ate a full order for myself.


Then we headed to Beale Street to listen to some music before calling it a night around midnight. It was quick, but a much needed weekend away for the 2 of us.