Monday, September 28, 2009

Beach Getaway

Last week, I went on our "annual" work girls beach getaway. I say "annual" very lightly since only 3 of the 7 girls from last year went. I guess when you are 38 weeks preggo, it's not that great an idea to travel 4h away from home-Heather or just had a baby less than 3 months ago-Jennifer. (We missed you girls!) But, we had 9 ladies this year. We stayed at the Lighthouse condominiums, which I love! We left on Monday morning and stayed 3 nights. We had a blast! We stopped and ate at Lambert's on the way down and had a pretty low key night. Wednesday the weather was PERFECT!!! I even got a little pink:) I planted myself on the oceanfront at about 8:30 am and stayed until about 5. Minus the time it took to eat lunch at Bahama Bob's. YUMMO!!! My favorite! I got to meet up with one of my long ago co-workers since she was down there for a wedding, which was awesome! I started reading a new book, but only got about 1/2 way through it. I definitely overshot how much I was going to read! I took 3 books and only read 1/2 of one. Oh well, it was great to catch up with friends!
Haley and I with a sweet view from our balcony:
The whole gang:
Haley, Jillian, and Savannah at Live Bait our last night out:

When I got back, Kent told his friend that we would watch their 2 kids while they were away for the weekend. Guess what, they brought the stomach bug with them. I was up all night Sat night, Kent was up all night last night. So, I'm glad I had a break at the beginning of the week. Unfortunately, it's back to work tonight for 7 days. UGH!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea to go a girly weekend a way? It has given me motivation and looked a blast! x

Tammy said...

Ok, Mary . . . "the whole gang" is not correct . . . your BFF Heather is not there!